EXEMPLARY STUDENT ATHLETIC TRAINER
The Greater Houston Athletic Trainers Society will award a $500 scholarship to a graduating student athletic trainer. The award is given as deemed by the Board to recognize a deserving student for distinguished service to athletic training and to their community. The winner will be honored during the annual GHATS Student Athletic Trainer Workshop.
DISCLAIMER: By submitting the required items for consideration in this contest, you are providing the Greater Houston Athletic Trainers’ Society (GHATS) with permission to use your name and the submitted photo on our website, in our publications and with our affiliates.
EXEMPLARY S.A.T. CRITERIA
- Must be a senior.
- The student must be considered well-rounded in areas of community service, church activities, school clubs / organizations and any other activities outside of athletics.
- The Student must be entering the field of Athletic Training or Medicine.
- Resume from Student Athletic Trainer with cover letter stating reason(s) for consideration of award.
- Copy of transcript from Counselor / Registrar showing current GPA (on a 4 point scale) and class rank that includes how many students in senior class.
- Letter of reference from nominating Athletic Trainer (Must be a current member of GHATS).
- 2 Letters of reference from coach, teacher, principal, pastor, employer, etc.
The winner is required to present a speech at the Student Athletic Trainer Workshop. The time will be limited to 5 minutes. The speech should be less than 500 words and must be approved by the president of GHATS at least 2 days before the workshop.
DEADLINE: All items must be received by Midnight, December 1st annually to be considered for the award.
Please send one EMAIL containing all required items to: